Meet Joyce A. Jeffries, DDS
Top Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Albuquerque NM
Dr. Joyce Jeffries was born in Fort Sill, OK and raised in Seattle, WA and Beltsville, MD. She attended Barry University in Miami Shores, FL where she received a Bachelors Degree in Biology. She then went on to earn her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Howard University in Washington, DC.
Following dental school, Dr. Jeffries received her Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training from St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Centers and Jacobi Medical Center in New York City. She completed residency as a chief resident in 2008. She is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. She is also certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
Dr. Jeffries practiced in Nebraska and South Dakota prior to relocating her family to Albuquerque in 2012. She enjoys all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with special interests in surgical removal of teeth, placement of dental implants, bone grafting, and sinus lifts.
Dr. Jeffries maintains hospital privileges at UNM‘s Sandoval Regional Medical Center.
In her spare time Dr. Jeffries enjoys spending time with her husband, David and young children; Vanessa, Vincent, Victoria and Veronica. She also enjoys traveling, animals and the outdoors.
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Current President, New Mexico Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Vice President 2015-2017 New Mexico Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, New Mexico Dental Association
- Member, South Dakota Dental Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons